Creating Event posts is done following a standard workflow in WordPress. On top of that, Loyde offers a few additional enhancements which help with customizations. These enhancements are actually post-related settings (fields in the post editor) added by Loyde.
Please note that there are multple ways to crete new posts in WordPress post, and exact steps depend on the personal preferences. Below we'll describe how to create a Event post, build the post content using WPBakery Page Builder, anter additional data related to the currently open event, and optionally set some additional settings using the Loyde post-related settings.
- Go to WP admin -> Events -> Add New
- When the editor opens, you'll be probably greeted with a Wizard which walks you through the new WordPress editor (commonly known as Gutenberg). We won't use Gutenberg, so just close the wizard.
- Click the button in upper-left corner, "WPBakery Page Builder". This opens WPBakery backend editor
- Enter the event name and click "Save Draft"
- Click "Backend Editor"
- Compose the event using WPBakery Page Builder elements
- Choose desired taxonomies for the post (categories or tags)
- Once you're satisfied with the result, click "Publish".
It's possible to enter a few event-specific data. This is not mandatory, but it's highly recommended because it provides better overview of the event key data: project status, starting date, duration, value, client name, ...
This is the full list of the event-specific custom fields:
- Start Date
- End Date
- Event Location
- Venue Name
- Venue Address
- Related Events
Optional additional steps
The created post can be further customized and tweaked, by overriding global settings. This is done using the custom fields. More information here.