Creating Case Study posts is done following a standard workflow in WordPress. On top of that, Loyde offers a few additional enhancements which help with customizations. These enhancements are actually post-related settings (fields in the post editor) added by Loyde.
Please note that there are multple ways to crete new posts in WordPress post, and exact steps depend on the personal preferences. Below we'll describe how to create a Case Study post, build the post content using WPBakery Page Builder, anter additional data related to the currently open case study, and optionally set some additional settings using the Loyde post-related settings.
- Go to WP admin -> Case Studies -> Add New
- When the editor opens, you'll be probably greeted with a Wizard which walks you through the new WordPress editor (commonly known as Gutenberg). We won't use Gutenberg, so just close the wizard.
- Click the button in upper-left corner, "WPBakery Page Builder". This opens WPBakery backend editor
- Enter the case study name and click "Save Draft"
- Click "Backend Editor"
- Compose the case study using WPBakery Page Builder elements
- Choose desired taxonomies for the post (categories, tags, industries or services)
- Once you're satisfied with the result, click "Publish".
Case Study-specific settings
It's possible to enter a few case study-specific data. This is not mandatory, but it's highly recommended because it provides better overview of the case study key data: project status, starting date, duration, value, client name, ...
This is the full list of the case study-specific custom fields:
- Project URL
- Project Status
- Starting Date
- Completion Date
- Project Duration
- Project Value
- Company Name
- Company Logo
- Company Website URL
- Client Testimonial Quote
- Client Testimonial Rating
- Client Testimonial Name
- Client Testimonial Job Title
- Client Testimonial Image
- Project Manager Name
- Project Manager Job Title
- Project Manager Image
- Project Manager Phone
- Project Manager Email
- Project Manager Team Chat Name (Skype, Slack, ...)
- Awards Title
- Awards Description
- Awards Image
- Related Case Studies
Optional additional steps
The created post can be further customized and tweaked, by overriding global settings. This is done using the custom fields. More information here.