Plugins included in the installation
During the installation, Loyde will ask for permission to install a number of WordPress plugins. Plugins include:
- Loyde functionality plugin, which provides large nunber of additional functionalities found in theme demo
- 3rd-party WordPress plugins.
3rd-party WordPress plugins include:
- Free plugins, from wordpress.org
- Premium plugins, from CodeCanyon. Please see chapter below, About included premium plugins and their licenses.
Also, plugins will be roughly divided into two groups:
- Required plugins
- Recommended plugins.
|Name||Premium or Free?||Required or Recommended?|
|Loyde Core Plugin (required)||-||Required|
|WPBakery Page Builder (ex Visual Composer)||Premium||Required|
|Mammoth Submenu for WPBakery Page Builder (formerly Visual Composer)|
|Contact Form 7||Free||Recommended|
|Widget Importer & Exporter||Free||Recommended|
|WP Slick Slider and Image Carousel||Free||Recommended|
|One Click Demo Import||Free||Recommended|
|Reviews and Rating - Google My Business||Free||Recommended|
Free and premium plugins
Premium plugins and their licenses
There are four premium plugins included in the theme:
- WPBakery Page Builder (ex Visual Composer)
- Revolution Slider
- Mammoth Mega Submenu
These plugins have been included as "bundled plugins" (according to Envato classification). This essentially means that they can be legally used, and it's not necessary to separatelly purchase their licences. We, as theme authors, have purchased an appropriate license. However, the downside is that some of their premium features are not available, like e.g.:
- direct support, or
- automatic updates (so our clients can update these plugins only through new releases of our themes). Of course, the user can decide to separately purchase a separate license for these plugins from their authors, and hence unlock all the premium features. More about the "bundled plugins" concept can be found here.
These plugins are installed from wordpress.org. Some of them have also a Pro version, but it's not necessary to purchase it. Loyde is using their free version.
Required and recommended plugins
Difference between the required and recommended plugins is very blurred. Because all these plugins participate either in theme demo import or theme demo functionality. So, it's highly advisable to install all suggested plugins, both required and recommended.
Required plugins are essential for the functionality found in theme demo.
These plugins are not considered essential. But, they were included in theme demo, to add some parts of the overall demo functionality.