Creating Team Member posts is done following a standard workflow in WordPress. On top of that, Loyde offers a few additional enhancements which help with customizations. These enhancements are actually post-related settings (fields in the post editor) added by Loyde.
Please note that there are multple ways to crete new posts in WordPress post, and exact steps depend on the personal preferences. Below we'll describe how to create a Team Member post, build the post content using WPBakery Page Builder, anter additional data related to the currently open team member, and optionally set some additional settings using the Loyde post-related settings.
- Go to WP admin -> Team Members -> Add New
- When the editor opens, you'll be probably greeted with a Wizard which walks you through the new WordPress editor (commonly known as Gutenberg). We won't use Gutenberg, so just close the wizard.
- Click the button in upper-left corner, "WPBakery Page Builder". This opens WPBakery backend editor
- Enter the team member name and click "Save Draft"
- Click "Backend Editor"
- Compose the team member using WPBakery Page Builder elements
- Choose desired taxonomies for the post (categories or tags)
- Once you're satisfied with the result, click "Publish".
Team Member-specific settings
It's possible to enter a few team member-specific data. This is not mandatory, but it's highly recommended because it provides better overview of the team member key data: project status, starting date, duration, value, client name, ...
This is the full list of the team member-specific custom fields:
- Job Title
- Office Location
- Phone Number
- Related Team Members
- Assumed WP User Identity (for Blog Posts)
Optional additional steps
The created post can be further customized and tweaked, by overriding global settings. This is done using the custom fields. More information here.