Creating pages is done following the standard workflow in WordPress. On top of that, Loyde offers a few additional enhancements which help with customizations. These enhancements are actually page-related settings (fields in the page editor) added by Loyde.
Please note that there are multple ways to crete a page, and exact steps depend on the personal preferences. Below we'll describe how to create a page, build the page content using WPBakery Page Builder, and optionally set some additional settings using the Loyde page-related settings.
- Go to WP admin -> Pages -> Add New
- When the editor opens, you'll be most probably greeted with a Wizard which walks you through the new WordPress editor (commonly known as Gutenberg). We won't use Gutenberg, so close the wizard.
- Click the button in upper-left conrer, "WPBakery Page Builder". This opens WPBakery backend editor
- Enter the page name and click "Save Draft"
- Click "Backend Editor"
- Compose the page using WPBakery Page Builder elements
- Once you're satisfied with the result, click "Publish".
Optional additional steps
The created page can be further customized and tweaked, by overriding global settings. This is done using the custom fields. More information here.
One important characteristic of Loyde theme is that it only has one page template (called Default Template). Reason: There is no need for additional page templates, because it's possible to achieve high level of customization using the settings provided by the theme, through: