Download and install the theme
Steps for installing Loyde:
- Log in to ThemeForest, and open the downloads section
- Download Loyde: open the "Download" dropdown and click "Installable WordPress file only"
- Save the downloaded .zip file to disk
- Open your website, log into WordPress backend (admin dashboard) and go to WP admin -> Appearance -> Themes
- Click Add New. This will load a new page. On that page, click "Upload Theme" and choose the downloaded .zip theme file from your disk
- Click "Install Now"
- After the theme is installed, click "Activate".
- After the theme is activated, browser will display the theme welcome page. This page contains the theme setup wizard.
Install necessary plugins
- On the welcome page, find the "Theme Setup and Demo Import" section.
- Under "Step 1: Install required plugins", click "Install required plugins".
- That will load the dedicated page, with the list of required plugins. Install and activate all plugins.
- When the process is finished, click the "Return to the Dashboard" button. That will again open the theme welcome page.
Import the demo content
- On the welcome page, find the "Step 2: Import demo content" section, and click "Go to Demo Importer". This will open the demo import page.
- Click "Import Demo data". On the next page, click "Continue & Import".
- Once the demo import is finished, the website should be an almost exact replica of the chosen theme demo.
The demo import process could take up to 10 minutes. On a local environment it could take even longer. So, please be patient and let the import process to finish.
This step is optional, but highly recommended. Clicking the "Go to Theme Options" button will lead to the theme settings panel. The theme setting panel is located at WP admin -> Loyde -> Theme Options.
Deactivate obsolete plugins after installation
After the theme is installed (and demo has been imported), it's safe to disable the following plugins:
- One Click Demo Import
- Widget Importer & Exporter
- WordPress Importer
Is it necessary to deactivate these plugins?
It is not necessary to deactivate the listed plugins.
These plugins are vital during the theme installation process. However, once the theme is installed and demo miported, they are not necessary anymore. So, it is considered a good practice to deactivate (or even uninstall) plugins which are not used on the website.