Edit Footer Using Page Builder
Loyde offers possibility to build completely custom footers (content at the top of page) using the page builder. Internally, this feature is built upon the Layout Blocks custom post type. More info about layout blocks can be found here.
Pre-built "footer" layout blocks found in demo
Theme demo ships with a number of "footer" layout blocks. They are found under WP admin -> Layout Blocks, grouped as:
Selecting a footer built with page builder
Footer (i.e. the desired layout block which will be used as the footer) is selected at WP admin -> Loyde -> Theme Options -> Footer. More info here.
Edit an existing footer layout block
To edit layout blocks:
- go to WP admin -> Layout Blocks;
- open the desired block for editing, and edit it using WPBakery Page Builder.
Choose footer applied globally to all website pages
This is done under WP admin -> Loyde -> Theme Options -> Footer. More info here.
Fallback: Default footer
Building custom footer (using page builder) is completely optional. If no custom footer is selected, Loyde will display the default footer. The default footer is built into the theme, and it follows the general visual look&feel of the theme.
Overriding the default footer
It's possible to edit the default footer. But, it includes overriding the corresponding theme PHP template.
- copy Loyde child theme to your server;
- activate Loyde child theme instead of Loyde;
- copy file footer-default-basic.php to your child theme. Original location of footer-default-basic.php: /wp-content/themes/loyde/templates/footer/footer-default-basic.php; location of the copied footer.1. php: /wp-content/themes/loyde-child/templates/footer/footer-default-basic.php;
- modify the copied footer-default-basic.php (or any copied footer-related files) in the child theme according to your needs.
Note: Please note that Loyde already comes with the child theme. It's part of your download package from ThemeForest, as mentioned here.